We're looking for a Strategy Analyst to join the Data & Strategy team. Reporting to the Associate Manager of Strategy, you will drive growth and operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools, and data products, by empowering each functional area and educating them on our data, and by generating and communicating insights to teammates across the business. Specifically, you will be working with IRM and internal department leaders at MakeSpace to create weekly demand and capacity utilization forecasts, manage the development and on-going improvements of relevant models and processes, and own the development of related reporting dashboards. This role is fully remote from any US or Canada location.
- Partner with executives, functional leaders, and stakeholders on our Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Experience, and IRM’s Consumer Storage Operations teams to drive change in the organization by providing insights and making high-quality data products available to decision makers.
- Own and lead projects to answer big strategic questions, like identifying how many new hires are needed to meet field and warehouse demand; predicting the number of routes needed to serve appointments or how much space is needed to process the expected inbound cube from those appointments; and developing forecasts for how many picks are needed to serve delivery appointments for existing customers.
- Develop, scale, and refine our production data platform using best-of-breed ELT technologies
- Refresh data models used to anticipate demand levels and inform operations hiring needs in the field and warehouse.
- Interpret demand models outputs, analyze the forecast accuracy and changes, and provide narratives related analysis and performance back to the business.
- Effectively communicate and align all stakeholders on the narrative, identify opportunities for improvements, and provide cost-benefit analyses on available decisions.
- An individual contributor and analyst with 1-2 years of experience in demand planning, data science, data analysis, forecast generation/development, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance or operations.
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own high-impact data forecasting projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business.
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area. An ability to understand the profile of relevant client maps, as well as the goals, personal agendas and political environment at the client level.
- A background in using data to create demand forecasts, providing high quality analysis and solutions to executives, partners, and department heads.
- An aptitude for applying advanced analytics to solve business problems. Able to use modern data science and strategic planning analytics tools (SQL, Excel, LookML) to explore, prototype and ship analyses and internal tools. Very strong Excel required.
- A background in cloud data pipelines (Fivetran, Stitch, and other loaders), modern data lakes and warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), visualization and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.), and data processing platforms (dbt, DataBricks, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, and Looker.
- A college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field.
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Team virtual happy hours, events, and ERGs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!