MakeSpace needs Engineering Manager - Phyton.
A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace, is taking the struggle out of storage—and reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. We’ve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store and retrieve their belongings on-demand so that they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, and deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, and change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
We’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join the Customer Success & Operations (CSO) Engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll be in charge of guiding an engineering team of 3-5 members into alignment with the company’s 2020 initiatives. The team is based at our HQ in New York’s Financial District, but we are open to remote engineering managers.
- Lead a 3-5 senior engineers team, including hiring, career development, and performance management.
- Partner with Product Managers in delivering business outcomes through applications that bring value to our users, internal or external.
- Ensure engineering code meets business and architecture standards.
- Mentor engineers help set best practices around writing maintainable, supportable code, including quality, logging, security, monitoring, and alerting.
- Demonstrate a long-term vision for products and continue to deliver in an agile manner.
- Help to ensure the team is engaged and excited about their work
- Share insights with your team about the “how” and “why” behind the company's decisions and similarly advocate for the team with leadership.
- Work to improve a system written in Python using Django, MySQL, RabbitMQ, and Redis managed with Docker and Ansible.
- Several years of engineering management experience of teams of 1-4+ people, with prior experience as a tech lead.
- Hands-on experience as an engineer working on products through the entire product lifecycle.
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders, help others grow in their careers, and create inclusive environments.
- An interest in finding tangible solutions to Logistics and Transportation problems that help drive positive customer experiences.
- Strong understanding of domain modeling and system design.
- Excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills.
- A product mentality - the ability to define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize, defend decisions, and execute.
- The experience to collect the pulse of the team while making tough decisions and valuing accountability.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and demonstrate empathy.
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching after one year.
- Fully remote and fully equipped to do your job from home.
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work).
- Competitive parental leave policy.
- Multiple health care options with premium plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs.
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space.
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take the initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.