MakeSpace is looking for a hands-on Analytics Engineer to help us revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We're looking for an Analytics Engineer to join the Data & Strategy team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Data & Analytics, you will drive growth and operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools, and data products, by empowering each functional area and educating them on our data, and by generating and communicating insights to teammates across the business. This role is fully remote from any US or Canada location.
- Partner with executives, functional leaders, and stakeholders on our Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Experience, and Ops teams to drive change in the organization by providing insights and making high-quality data products available to decision-makers.
- Own and lead projects to answer big strategic questions, like identifying high-value submarkets to add to our service area; predicting customer lifetime value; and developing customer segments and personas.
- Develop, scale, and refine our production data platform using best-of-breed ELT technologies.
- An experienced individual contributor and “full-stack” analyst, experience in data science, data analysis, data engineering, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations.
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business.
- An excellent communicator and a natural team player; curious and inquisitive and excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area.
- An aptitude for applying advanced analytics to solve business problems. Able to use modern data science/machine learning/AI/predictive analytics tools (Python/open-source preferred) to explore, prototype, and ship analyses and internal tools. Very strong SQL required.
- An expert in cloud data pipelines (Fivetran, Stitch, and other loaders), modern data lakes and warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), visualization and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.), and data processing platforms (dbt, DataBricks, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, and Looker.
- A college graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field.
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching.
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work).
- Competitive parental leave policy.
- Multiple health care options with premium plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits.
- Team virtual happy hours, events, and ERGs.
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space.
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.